We are delighted to announce that the virtual 2nd EuroQol African Region Academy Meeting will be hosted from Cairo, Egypt on Wednesday 9 and Thursday 10 February 2022. The call for abstracts is now open with a submission deadline of 31 October 2021, 23.59 CET.
The aim of the 2nd African Academy Meeting is to build capacity in the field of health technology assessment (HTA), measurement of health-related quality of life, and cost utility analysis (CUA) with an emphasis on the role of patient reported outcome measures, particularly EQ-5D. The specific objectives of the meeting include:
- To explore the HTA environment in African countries and examine the current role of CUA
- Stimulate interest in the continued and expanded use of EQ-5D amongst users across the continent
- Support researchers and create a network of EQ-5D researchers in the African continent
- Bring together academics and policy makers from different regions, particularly around discussions on the importance of HTA and CUA
- Explore the possibility of initiating further valuation and validation studies
Interested researchers may request to submit either an oral or poster presentation. Their planned presentation should be related to their use of EQ-5D in research or clinical practice – papers on validation of the different EQ-5D versions and valuation studies are particularly welcome. Researchers may also submit abstracts relating to more general methodological issues in HTA and CUA.
If you are interested in submitting an abstract, please click here for more information about the meeting and the application form. Abstracts should be submitted electronically in the EuroQol Abstract Submission Portal. Please note that there is no registration fee for attendance at the Academy meeting.
If you have any questions regarding the meeting, please email the EuroQol Africa Academy Meeting organizing team at email@example.com.