The EuroQol Group is pleased to announce that seven standard EQ-5D-5L valuation studies have been published over the last year for Ireland, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Taiwan, Thailand – and most recently the USA. This brings the total number of countries/regions that have published valuation studies for the EQ-5D-5L to 18, with a further eight that have been completed, but not yet published. All of these valuation studies have been developed using the EuroQol Group’s standard valuation study protocol, EQ-VT. Using EQ-VT ensures that results are derived using the most state-of-the-art valuation techniques while also facilitating international comparability. The EuroQol Board and Executive Committee would like to extend their sincere gratitude to all of the research teams around the world involved in undertaking valuation studies. An updated list of available value sets can be found on the EuroQol website.
- Ireland: Hobbins A, Barry L, Kelleher D, Shah K, Devlin N, Goni JMR, O’Neill C. Utility Values for Health States in Ireland: A Value Set for the EQ-5D-5L. Pharmacoeconomics. 2018 Nov;36(11):1345-1353.
- Malaysia: Shafie AA, Vasan Thakumar A, Lim CJ, Luo N, Rand-Hendriksen K, Md Yusof FA. EQ-5D-5L Valuation for the Malaysian Population. Pharmacoeconomics. 2019 May;37(5):715-725.
- Poland: Golicki D, Jakubczyk M, Graczyk K, Niewada M. Valuation of EQ-5D-5L Health States in Poland: the First EQ-VT-Based Study in Central and Eastern Europe. Pharmacoeconomics. 2019 Sep;37(9):1165-1176.
- Portugal: Ferreira PL, Antunes P, Ferreira LN, Pereira LN, Ramos-Goñi JM. A hybrid modelling approach for eliciting health state preferences: the Portuguese EQ-5D-5L value set. Qual Life Res. 2019; Jun 14. [Epub ahead of print]
- Taiwan: Lin HW, Li CI, Lin FJ, Chang JY, Gau CS, Luo N, Pickard AS, Ramos Goñi JM, Tang CH, Hsu CN. Valuation of the EQ-5D-5L in Taiwan. PLoS One. 2018 Dec 26;13(12):e0209344.
- Thailand: Pattanaphesaj J, Thavorncharoensap M, Ramos-Goñi JM, Tongsiri S, Ingsrisawang L, Teerawattananon Y. The EQ-5D-5L Valuation study in Thailand. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res. 2018 Oct;18(5):551-558.
- USA: Pickard AS, Law EH, Jiang R, Pullenayegum E, Shaw JW, Xie F, Oppe M, Boye KS, Chapman RH, Gong CL, Balch A, Busschbach JJV. United States Valuation of EQ-5D-5L Health States Using an International Protocol. Value Health. 2019 Aug;22(8):931-941.