Latest updates on preparations for the 6th EuroQol Academy 2022 on 20-22 April
October 6, 2022
In light of the current COVID-19 situation and continued preparations for the 6th EuroQol Academy 2022 on 20-22 April we would like to provide you with the following important information:
- EuroQol continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation carefully and will follow all local rules and regulations to help ensure the safety of participants. As of 25th of February, major COVID-19 measures were lifted. For detailed information, please visit this website: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/tackling-new-coronavirus-in-the-netherlands/coronavirus-measures-in-brief
- The meeting will be held using a hybrid format, with some members attending in person and others participating online. The venue for the Academy meeting is the Huis ter Duin Hotel in Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
- Please be reassured EuroQol will cover any costs related to cancellation or re-booking of existing tickets for the original Academy meeting dates, if these cannot be claimed back through the attendee’s insurance.
- If you encounter an unforeseen quarantine stay due to changed rules or COVID-19 infection when either in transit, in your visiting country or in your home country EuroQol will cover costs for extra needed accommodation, food & beverages and travel.
- However, if you know you will have to stay in quarantine, either upon entry into the Netherlands or upon return to your home country, we encourage you to attend the meeting online. If you do decide to travel note that costs associated for this expected quarantine (extra needed accommodation, travel, food & beverages or missed income) will not be covered by EuroQol.
- If you have to pass a mandatory COVID-19 test before boarding, please know that these costs can be claimed back from the Foundation as travel expenses.
- If you experience any symptoms that belong to COVID-19 when on site, we kindly ask you to stay in your room at least until you have done a self-test. Self-tests and masks will be available at the EuroQol Hospitality Desk in the hotel.
- Lastly, please check this website to see what the current rules are for travelling to the Netherlands: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad