New Members joined the EuroQol Group Association
The 17th Joint Call for Proposals by the EuroQol Working Groups is now OPEN!
Our Monthly Scientific Selection: January Publications on EuroQol Instruments
Our Monthly Scientific Selection: December Publications on EuroQol Instruments
Full Study Team Appointed
The research team for the new EQ-5D-5L valuation study for the United Kingdom has been finalised. This team will bring significant experience and expertise to the valuation study. They were carefully selected by the project’s Steering Group and come from across the United Kingdom, thereby helping to ensure regional coverage for the study. Donna Rowen from the University of Sheffield was appointed as Principal Investigator.
The lead investigators and their co-investigators are:
- Nathan Bray, Rhiannon Tudor Edwards, Dyfrig Hughes (Centre for Health Economics and Medicines Evaluation, Bangor University) and Deborah Fitzsimmons (Swansea Centre for Health Economics, Swansea University)
- David Meads, Edward Webb, Paul Kind, University of Leeds and John O’Dwyer (Academic Unit of Health Economics, Leeds Institute for Health Sciences, University of Leeds) and Peter Hall (University of Edinburgh)
- Ciaran O’Neill (Centre for Public Health, Queens University Belfast)
- Donna Rowen, Clara Mukuria and John Brazier (School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield)
- Koonal Shah and Louise Longworth (PHMR, London)
- Yaling Yang and Stavros Petrou (Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford)
The newly appointed research team will start working on the study protocol, supported by the international valuation study protocol (EQ-VT) support team from the EuroQol Research Foundation. Independent Quality Control will be built in at every stage, with reviews taking place at every study milestone. Data collection is expected to begin in early 2021.
COVID-19 is likely to have an impact on the conduct of the study. Researchers of the EuroQol Group are investigating methods for collecting EQ-VT data safely, in close consultation with the Steering Group and the study team.