EQ-5D-3L | Available modes of administration
EQ-5D-3L is designed for self-completion by respondents, and is available in both paper and digital versions. However, several other modes of administration are also possible. Please note that you should select a digital version if you want to collect EQ-5D-3L data digitally, or in an App.
Below you will find the current available modes of administration. Please click on the links below to view per mode the available translations:
- EQ-5D-3L Self-complete version on paper
- EQ-5D-3L Self-complete version on PDAs/ Smartphones
- EQ-5D-3L Self-complete version on Tablets
- EQ-5D-3L Self-complete version on Laptop/Desktop
- EQ-5D-3L Self-complete version for use in REDCap
REDCap is a web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. It is mainly used in academic research.
- EQ-5D-3L Self-complete version for use in LimeSurvey
LimeSurvey is an open-source survey software solution. Available as a professional SaaS solution or as a self-hosted system.
- EQ-5D-3L Self-complete version for use in Castor EDC
Castor EDC is a cloud-based Electronic Data Capture platform that enables commercial and non-commercial researchers to easily capture high quality, reusable data from any source in real-time.
- EQ-5D-3L Self-complete version for use in Qualtrics
Qualtrics is a survey platform that is used by commercial and non-commercial researchers to handle everything from simple questionnaires to detailed research projects.
- EQ-5D-3L Interviewer Administered (IA) version
Developed for use either in face-to-face or telephone/computer interviews when participants are either unable to read or write or unable to be physically present for the interview. May be used interchangeably with existing Telephone and Face-to-face versions.
- EQ-5D-3L Face-to-face interview version
Developed for use when participants are able to be physically present during the interview but are unable to read or write.
- EQ-5D-3L Telephone interview version
Developed for use when participants are unable to be physically present during the interview but have access to a telephone.
- EQ-5D-3L Proxy version
For use when patients are mentally or physically incapable of reporting on their health-related quality of life, for instance because of severe intellectual disability or mental health problems. Three proxy versions are currently available, where a caregiver who knows the patient well is asked to complete EQ-5D as follows:
- EQ-5D-3L Proxy version 1: The caregiver (the proxy) is asked to rate the patient’s health-related quality of life in their (the proxy’s) opinion.
- EQ-5D-3L Proxy version 2: The caregiver (the proxy) is asked to rate how he/she (the proxy) thinks the patient would rate his/her own health-related quality of life if the patient were able to communicate
- EQ-5D-3L Interviewer Administered Proxy version 1: An interviewer asks the caregiver (proxy) to rate the patient’s health-related quality of life in their (the proxy’s) opinion.
- EQ-5D-3L IVR system version
For use in Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems.If you are unsure about which mode of administration to use, please contact the EuroQol Office. If a language version or mode of administration is not available, please contact the EuroQol Office.