EQ-5D-3L | Available modes of administration
EQ-5D-3L is designed for self-completion by respondents, and is available in both paper and digital versions. However, several other modes of administration are also possible.
Below you will find the current available modes of administration. Please click on the links below to view per mode the available translations:
- EQ-5D-3L Self-complete version on paper
- EQ-5D-3L Self-complete version on PDAs/ Smartphones
- EQ-5D-3L Self-complete version on Tablets
- EQ-5D-3L Self-complete version on Laptop/Desktop
Previously, EQ-5D would have to be hosted on our dedicated server. Now, you can choose between hosting EQ-5D on your own server or the REDCap platform.
- EQ-5D-3L Self-complete version for use in REDCap
REDCap is a web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. It is mainly used in academic research.
- EQ-5D-3L Face-to-face interview version
Mainly used when subjects are not able to read or write, or when visiting a hospital or study site.
- EQ-5D-3L Telephone interview version
For use when subjects are unable to visit a hospital or study site.
- EQ-5D-3L Proxy version
For use when patients are mentally or physically incapable of reporting on their health-related quality of life, for instance because of severe intellectual disability or mental health problems. Two proxy versions are currently available, where a caregiver who knows the patient well is asked to complete EQ-5D as follows:
- EQ-5D-3L Proxy version 1: The caregiver (the proxy) is asked to rate the patient’s health-related quality of life in their (the proxy’s) opinion.
- EQ-5D-3L Proxy version 2: The caregiver (the proxy) is asked to rate how he/she (the proxy) thinks the patient would rate his/her own health-related quality of life if the patient were able to communicate
- EQ-5D-3L IVR system version
For use in Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems.If you are unsure about which mode of administration to use, please contact the EuroQol Office. If a language version or mode of administration is not available, please contact the EuroQol Office.