EQ-5D-5L | Available modes of administration
EQ-5D-5L is designed for self-completion by respondents, and is available in both paper and digital versions. However, several other modes of administration are also possible.
The currently available modes of administration are:
- EQ-5D-5L Self-complete version on paper
- EQ-5D-5L Self-complete version on PDAs/ Smartphones
- EQ-5D-5L Self-complete version on Tablets
- EQ-5D-5L Self-complete version on Laptops/Desktop Computers
Previously, EQ-5D would have to be hosted on our dedicated server. Now, you can choose between hosting EQ-5D on your own server or the REDCap platform.
- EQ-5D-5L Self-complete version for use in REDCap
RED Cap is a web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. It is mainly used in academic research.
- EQ-5D-5L Face-to-face interview version
Mainly used when subjects are not able to read or write, or when visiting a hospital or study site.
- EQ-5D-5L Telephone interview version
For use when subjects are unable to visit a hospital or study site.
- EQ-5D-5L Proxy version
For use when patients are mentally or physically incapable of reporting on their health-related quality of life, for instance because of severe intellectual disability or mental health problems. Two proxy versions are currently available where a caregiver who knows the patient well is asked to complete EQ-5D as follows:
- EQ-5D-5L Proxy version 1: The caregiver (the proxy) is asked to rate the patient’s health-related quality of life in their (the proxy’s) opinion.
- EQ-5D-5L Proxy version 2: The caregiver (the proxy) is asked to rate how he/she (the proxy) thinks the patient would rate his/her own health-related quality of life if the patient were able to communicate it.
- EQ-5D-5L IVR system version
For use in Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems.