EQ-5D-Y | Available modes of administration
EQ-5D-Y is designed for self-completion by children and adolescents aged 8-15 years. Proxy versions, for completion by a caregiver or someone who knows the person well, are also available. Please note that you should select a digital version if you want to collect EQ-5D-Y data digitally, or in an App.
The currently available modes of administration are:
Previously, EQ-5D would have to be hosted on our dedicated server. Now, you can choose between hosting EQ-5D on your own server or the REDCap platform.
- EQ-5D-Y Self-complete version for use in REDCap
RED Cap is a web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. It is mainly used in academic research.
- EQ-5D-Y Self-complete version for use in Qualtrics
Qualtrics is a survey platform that is used by commercial and non-commercial researchers to manage everything from simple questionnaires to detailed research projects.
- EQ-5D-Y Interviewer Administered (IA) version
Developed for use either in face-to-face or telephone/computer interviews when children/adolescents are capable of self-reporting their health state but unable to self-complete a paper/digital questionnaire. E.g. due to poor literacy, an impairment or inability to attend an interview in person.
- EQ-5D-Y Proxy version
For use when children or adolescents are mentally or physically incapable of reporting on their health-related quality of life, for instance because of severe intellectual disability or mental health problems. Four proxy versions are currently available where a caregiver who knows the child or adolescent well is asked to complete EQ-5D as follows:
- EQ-5D-Y Proxy version 1: The caregiver (the proxy) is asked to rate the child’s/ adolescent’s health-related quality of life in their (the proxy’s) opinion.
- EQ-5D-Y Proxy version 2: The caregiver (the proxy) is asked to rate how he/she (the proxy) thinks the child/ adolescent would rate his/her own health-related quality of life if the child/ adolescent were able to communicate it.
- EQ-5D-Y Interviewer Administered Proxy version 1: An interviewer asks the caregiver (proxy) to rate the child’s/adolescent’s health-related quality of life in their (the proxy’s) opinion.
- EQ-5D-Y Interviewer Administered Proxy version 2: Developed for use either in face-to-face or telephone/computer interviews when children/adolescents cannot self-report their health state and the most appropriate proxy cannot complete a paper/digital questionnaire. E.g. due to poor literacy, an impairment or inability to attend an interview in person. The proxy reports on the child’s health-related quality of life state, as he/she judges that the child would report it if he/she were able to do so.
Please note that the EuroQol Research Foundation is working on protocols for generating value sets for EQ-5D-Y. In the meantime, EQ-5D-Y data can be collected, but no value sets can be provided for this version.