EQ-5D-Y | Available modes of administration
EQ-5D-Y is designed for self-completion by children and adolescents aged 8-15 years. Proxy versions, for completion by observers, are also available.
The currently available modes of administration are:
- EQ-5D-Y Self-complete version on paper
- EQ-5D-Y Self-complete version on PDAs/ Smartphones
- EQ-5D-Y Self-complete version on Tablets
- EQ-5D-Y Proxy version
For use when children or adolescents are mentally or physically incapable of reporting on their health-related quality of life, for instance because of severe intellectual disability or mental health problems. Two proxy versions are currently available where a caregiver who knows the child or adolescent well is asked to complete EQ-5D as follows:
- EQ-5D-Y Proxy version 1: The caregiver (the proxy) is asked to rate the child’s/ adolescent’s health-related quality of life in their (the proxy’s) opinion.
- EQ-5D-Y Proxy version 2: The caregiver (the proxy) is asked to rate how he/she (the proxy) thinks the child/ adolescent would rate his/her own health-related quality of life if the child/ adolescent were able to communicate it.
Please note that the EuroQol Research Foundation is working on protocols for generating value sets for EQ-5D-Y. In the meantime, EQ-5D-Y data can be collected, but no value sets can be provided for this version.